viernes, 1 de enero de 2010

Will Avatar (the game) end in Oblivion?

Hi Danda!

Happy new year!

I'm happy to report that in the last week or so, I have finally had a lot of time to just sit in front of my PC and play games. I mostly played Oblivion all day and it was great fun and I have now finished the main quest. It's good that you can keep on playing after you finish, but it kind of made me lose my motivation to finish any more quests. Which is good for a casual core gamer, as this way I have finished a game and don't have to spend any more time on it. ;)
At any rate, it's a great game, it looks great and the game world is great.

Now the new year started and I have another week before I have to go back to work. I'm not sure if I should spend it playing games or maybe rather shift my attention to reading more. Then again, maybe I should try to finish GTA IV finally. We'll see.

Since Christmas, I have a brand new Eee PC which will be a big help for staying in touch when I'm Down Under. I have already started looking for some games that might work on it (for the times spent on airports or traveling from city to city) and I'm glad to report that The Longest Journey works well on it. Gamespot.com lists this as the best adventure game of all time, so it's about time I played it. This was another game that I bought for a few Euros when it was on a magazine DVD but then got too busy to play it (or preferred other games).

Last but not least I want to tell you that I watched Avatar in 3D a few days ago and I thought it was really awesome. The 3D effect was great, and I felt that it worked really well even in quieter scenes that didn't have a lot of action. I think that's the first new 3D movie I've seen with real actors and not just animation. (Remember when they had 3D shows maybe 15 years ago where the camera had to be in constant motion?) While the plot was quite predictable at times, I think the beautiful world they created for the movie entirely made up for it. I for one at least thought it was quite epic.
To stay on topic, though, I read about the Avatar game they made while making the movie, and while I think it looks rather cool in gameplay videos, apparently it's rather boring and disappointing. If you have the correct type of TV, you can play it in 3D, though. Now that's a technology I look forward to becoming ubiquitous (and therefore affordable).

Game on,
-- SuperViv

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario