martes, 19 de enero de 2010

I'm back... but you are gone!

Hi SuperViv!

It's strange how things change in a short amount of time. Four days ago, you were sitting in front of me in the office. Now you are gone, and you'll be in Australia soon... It's strange. Will you still be playing games there? Or maybe you'll spend your whole time in the desert, catching snakes and photographing kangaroos? (By the way, the first and only time I ate a "kangaroo burger" was here in Frankfurt!) My best friend spent a whole year in Australia too, but he came back. I was fearing he would get to love Australia (and/or Australian girls) and stay there forever! But that could also happen to you, you know.

Even with your new life, I suspect you'll probably have more time than me to play games. I've been struggling to find time to play the really short campaign for Modern Warfare 2. I'll probably wait until I'm done with it to say more, but I'm definitely underwhelmed. It feels like an "expansion pack" for the previous game. Which for many people is probably a great thing.

For your travels, sites like Steam or GOG.com (especially GOG!) are just perfect. You can download your games anywhere in the world, so you can have 500 games (like me!) and you can play them anywhere in the world (well, almost... Steam is blocking some games in certain territories) but you don't have to carry the discs with you. You just need a decent internet connection!

And now, let me catch up with you:

So you fell from your GTA IV bike many times! Well, I think they fixed that in The Lost and the Damned (well done!). I used to ride a motorbike a few years ago. I really enjoyed it, at first. Then I started hating it... but then I had to do it for my job! Thank god I'm doing what I do now so I don't have to go back.

Sadly, DJ Hero bombed. I guess manhandling a turntable hasn't got the same pull as pretending to be a rock god.

I have Dragon Age: Origins, but it's the last one in my RPG Chain of Play. It goes like this:

-Family 1: FALLOUT -> FALLOUT 2 -> FALLOUT TACTICS -> MORROWIND -> OBLIVION -> FALLOUT 3
-Family 2: KOTOR -> [KOTOR 2] -> JADE EMPIRE -> MASS EFFECT -> MASS EFFECT 2 -> DRAGON AGE

I probably won't play Knights of the Old Republic 2 because it's not available on Steam.

There's a thing I really hate about Bioware's new releases: they offer some great "exclusive items" if you pre-purchase the game. That's just nasty! So if you don't have the money now, or you are on vacation and you don't have an internet connection, you lose the chance to get an advantage forever. And then you also have to pay $10 extra for the "Digital Deluxe Edition", which gives you more great items. It's so unfair! I wish someone would just hack the game to give those items for everybody.

I wasn't impressed by Avatar. It was just like "Dances with Wolves" dumbed down for kids. And I wasn't that impressed by the 3D effect. But maybe that was just me.

But it's not me who says that the Avatar game is terrible. All the reviews are terrible, so I'm sure it really sucks! I will still play it when I can get it for $5, though.

After saying this, let me prepare our own special GOTY post! Too bad I haven't heard from JR in a while, but I'll include him somehow...

Later,
Danda

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario