miércoles, 28 de octubre de 2009

What?! Al Lowe's had a heart attack

Hi SuperViv,

A couple of months ago, I joined Al Lowe's mailing list. Have you ever heard of him? He was the guy who created those old Leisure Suit Larry games. Now he's kind of retired, so he just sends a couple of free jokes to people everyday. But today I got this mail, and it was no joke:

I apologize for today's jokes being so late, but I have a good excuse: Tuesday afternoon I had a heart attack--but now, 24 hours later, I'm doing fine. Fortunately, I called 911 immediately, the paramedics got to my house within 5 minutes, got me to the hospital quickly, and within an hour, I was in the operating room having a stent installed. As soon as it was in, I felt better. By last night I felt pretty good, all things considered. I expect to go home tomorrow. My doctor says it's because I didn't wait to get help. So, take some friendly advice: if something "feels wrong," don't hesitate. Call for help!

I'm relieved that he's fine. You know, he is a really influential figure in videogames, even if he doesn't make them anymore (partly because the dumb suits holding the rights for the Larry series don't want to hire him), and it would be sad to see him go. Also, my father died after a heart attack, and I'm getting fatter everyday, so I guess I'll have my own heart attack in ten or fifteen years. So never forget this: try to stay healty, and know your emergency numbers just in case!

Later,

- Danda

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario