jueves, 8 de octubre de 2009

Am I a graphic whore? Yes I am.

Hi SuperViv!

Ah, the old "buy a new graphics card or not" dilemma all PC gamers have at some point... Yes, I was tired of struggling with the newest games, so when I had to buy a new laptop, my brother convinced me to buy a model that had a really powerful nVidia card. So now I can play almost every PC game released now...

...but only for five or ten minutes. Then, the graphics card overheats, and the screen goes black. No!!! So that's why you don't play games on a laptop. I'm so annoyed. Hey, listen to my advice: never buy an Acer laptop. They really suck. My last Acer laptop just died just as the guarantee expired. And then I bought this high-end Packard Bell. And then JR let me know that Packard Bell belongs to Acer since 2008. So no wonder I'm now screwed again.

Oh, I nearly forgot! I don't want to embarrass you in public, but you should definitely play that Beyond Good & Evil game that you got from me. And you shouldn't play Raven Squad. According to Metacritic, it's a dud (with an average of only 38%!).

I know some day I will play GTA IV again, but it's so ugly! For me it's not one of those games that look awesome, and then one day you realize that the graphics are really blocky and simple. I think it's probably one of the worst-looking games I've played using my projector. Everything is so dark and dirty! A good reason to keep playing would be the new downloadable content, but it's just an Xbox 360 exclusive, so I'm screwed.

I played the first level of Dead Space, and it looks really promising, but I didn't want to scare my wife (I had to put down Condemned 2 for the same reason). She's going to Spain next week, so I guess I may keep playing now. But I'm already busy with other games! I'm trying to finish Ghostbusters, which is an awkward game. A lot of people say "hey, this is great", but no, it isn't. In some aspects it's really a poor game, but the love for the original movies shows, and it's enjoyable on that level.

I would like to see a game where moral decisions mean something. For that reason, I've bought a bunch of Bioware RPGs to see how they deal with that. Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire... Oh, and I have to keep playing Mass Effect soon. If only my graphics card didn't play tricks on me!

Later
- Danda

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario