lunes, 24 de mayo de 2010

They thought nobody would notice




Have you heard about the Max Payne 2 launch file fiasco? It's funny how Rockstar, a company that really, really hates piracy (just listen to the radio in GTA IV... They hate pirates as much as republicans!) finds it much easier to use the cracked files from pirates than to create their own no-cd files.


Well, I don't know if there's any relation, but last week I decided to install Manhunt. I want to get to the end of that game! (I've tried twice, but I got bored every time...) After that, I didn't try to play for a few days, and when I did, I was surprised to find that Steam re-downloaded the launch file for this already old (and probably no longer updated) game.


So... what do you think about this? Are they replacing the .exe files for their other games because they are also cracked by pirates, just in case they are, or what? I don't know what to think.

UPDATE: The plot thickens! More Rockstar games are having autoupdate issues!

To be frank, I didn't mind about the Myth launch file, but I do mind about my games not working properly. What is happening now is for me the PR disaster, not the original "problem".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario